Fairs take many precautions to keep you and your family safe during your visit, including working with a variety of agencies to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations. Below are some of the safety precautions you can count on when visiting your local fair:
- OSHA Compliance: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is the Federal governmental organization that enforces safety regulations for safety in the workplace.
- Security: Police presence and private security join together to constantly patrol the grounds for your safety and protection
- Fire Department & EMT on site for emergencies
- Fire Marshall Inspections to ensure structure safety
- Hand Wash Stations located at livestock areas, portable bathrooms and other locations throughout the fair
- Food Safety Inspections by the County Health Department
- First Aid/Lost & Found located throughout the fairgrounds
"CODE ADAM" Program
At California's fairs, your children are our first interest. We rely on the very best information and hands on protective service using "Code Adam." We want you to be assured during your stay at our fairs we have qualified staff to assist you and your child's memories of the fair.
To learn more about Code Adam and how it works, please visit the Code Adam page on the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's website.